Good morning, Hilltopper Nation! I hope everyone had a great weekend, especially when the Lady Tops and Fella Tops both picked up wins over Florida International. This is my first time doing The Towel Rack, so bare with me! Let’s begin with your WKU news!
- Both the Lady Toppers and Hilltoppers defeated FIU Saturday. Michelle Clark-Heard’s squad increased their mighty record to 16-2 overall and 5-0 in Conference USA. Ray Harper’s squad improved their season record to 12-5 overall, 5-0 in Conference USA. WKU is also the only school in Conference USA to have both basketball teams undefeated in conference play.
- If you need to know who they key players were and who disappointed Saturday, look no further than our game grades!
- The Lady Toppers are back in the A.P. Top 25 – coming in at No. 24, which is better than their No. 25 ranking a couple weeks ago.
- WKU cheerleading even got in on the winning! They took home the 5th and 8th place titles this past weekend at the UCA Championships.
- Old Dominion and Louisiana Tech both received votes in the men’s A.P. Top 25 this week. ODU had five votes and La Tech had two.
- Don’t Forget: WKU will retire all-time scoring leader and current ProTopper Courtney Lee’s Hilltopper jersey at halftime of their game vs. UTEP on Thursday. Tip-off is at 8 p.m.
- WKU football picked up two commitments yesterday. 6-foot-4, 200 pound defensive back Andre Thomas-Cobb from Lehigh Acres, Florida and 6-foot-4, 280 pound defensive lineman Omarius Bryant who played at Southwest Mississippi Community College last season. More defensive help for the Hilltoppers!
If you ever come across an article – WKU or C-USA related – and you think it’d go great in this segment, send it our way! We’d love to share it with the rest of the world.